Friday, March 30, 2012

3 Months

Dear Parker,

Three Months- wow!  So much has happened in such a short period of time.  I told someone this week that I am having a hard time remembering what you were like as a newborn because it seems so long ago.  You are looking more and more like a little boy and less like a baby.

This was a really big month with your first surgery.  You did so well, and you look so great already.  It was one of the hardest things I've ever experienced, mainly because I hated watching you be in pain.  I would have done anything to trade places with you.  But we've gotten through the recovery period, and you are back to your happy, cheerful self!

happy boy
New things this month:
You are giggling like crazy these days.  Your smile takes up your whole face, and you laugh often throughout the day.

The past few days, you are really trying to roll over.  When you are on your back, you throw your hips to the side and are one solid kick away from being on your tummy.  This is so exciting!

Just a tiny bit more and you'll roll over!
Just like the books and websites tell me, you are definitely discovering your hands!  When I have you on my shoulder, you always rub my back or grip onto me.  You often are clasping your hands together at your chest or in your mouth.  You even try to keep your pacifier in your mouth or put it back if it falls out.

you are quite the drooler these days...that combined with your occasional whininess and chewing on Sophie the giraffe makes me wonder if you are teething...
Your head control is GREAT these days.  I can put you in the Bumbo by yourself and not have to reposition you or straighten you up.  You also continue to love bathtime.  You constantly kick your legs and splash water across the room.  You are so attentive when we read books before bed.  You stare at the pictures and are so still when we read.  I hope this means you'll grow up to be a big reader!
I love your sweet rolls!
best buddies
I started back to work just last week.  It is difficult to leave you on those mornings, but knowing I come home to you and your Dad makes the days pass quickly.  Miss Laura is taking such good care of you and it helps to know you are in such good hands.

right before bed- you are full of joy and laughter!
Your dad and I are so proud of you Sweet P.  You are a very laid back, content little boy.  It is so exciting to see your little personality coming out already.  We can't wait to see how this next month goes.  Your changes are very exciting, and we love every second that we get with you.

Love,
Mom
Look at this progression!!  It's amazing to see the changes!






3 comments:

  1. He has gotten so big! Such a sweet boy. That newborn picture cracks me up. He doesn't look too thrilled to be taking that picture... I am sure there will plenty more of those faces to come throughout the years... boys and trying to round them up for the camera!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thank you so much for blogging about your son. My son is having cleft lip surgery by Dr. Chen this Friday. Your site has helped me prepare for the events about to happen. Your son is absolutely gorgeous, before and after surgery. Thanks Again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kristina! Thanks for your note! I would love to know how everything went yesterday- I hope you all are holding up well. The first few days are a little rough, but I promise he will recover soon enough. Would love to know how things go for you!

      Lauren :)

      Delete