Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Recovery

I can't believe it's been a week since we showed up at the Children's Hospital for Parker's surgery.  He is doing so well right now, and I am just so impressed with how great he looks already!  His sutures all seem to have dissolved and his skin is healing nicely.  We have finally gone 24 hours without pain medicine, and he seems to be very comfortable.  And the boy definitely has gotten his appetite back.

What makes me the happiest is to see how joyful he is this week.  I have never seen him smile so much and he is now giggling constantly- sweetest sound ever!  You can definitely tell that he recognizes us and lights up when we interact with him.  He is also cooing like crazy and loves when we mimic him.  He just giggles and smiles every time we copy his sounds!!

Today is my last day of maternity leave!  I will be going back to work 2 days a week- 12 hour shifts.  I am a little apprehensive to leave Parker for such long days- that will definitely be my longest time ever away from him.  But, I am excited to see my awesome coworkers, put my critical thinking skills back to work, and take care of patients.  We have a very sweet lady, Laura, who will be Parker's new nanny when I work.
St. Patrick's Day fun with friends!
almost done with the no-nos.  surprisingly he doesn't mind them too much
still looks like his daddy
he is doing great in the bumbo.  he watched me prep for dinner last night from his special seat.

2 comments:

  1. He looks like a little boy!! I can't believe how fast the time is flying by! We need to have a celebratory dinner soon for making it through surgery and the end of maternity leave... Bonefish?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks amazing Lauren! Such a sweet boy! The surgeon did an awesome job! He looks like he is healing nicely!!!

    ReplyDelete