Friday, March 16, 2012

Parker smiled, and I mean REALLY smiled, for the first time since his surgery tonight during bath time
Parker continues to recover over the last few days.  We are just trying our hardest to control his pain, as well as encourage him to eat.  He hasn't had quite the voracious appetite as he did prior to his procedure.  I believe I forgot to mention that he came in with a whopping weight of 15 lbs. 3 oz the morning of surgery- what a monster!  This was such an answered prayer, especially as his appetite is limited now, I don't have to worry quite as much about his disinterest in eating.

playing in our new "jumperoo"

He has been sleeping a great deal while recovering
My stepmom shared this short devotional message written by Max Lucado with me yesterday.  There are so many times that I experience obstacles and setbacks, and I wonder, "why me, God?"  The Lord owes us no explanation, but there are so many times that we look back and see glimpses of how God uses our experiences for His glory and even for our benefit as well as the benefit of others.  To be honest, there were times I wondered why God would allow Parker to be born with his anomaly, thinking how unfair it all seemed- to him and us!  But I can't begin to describe how the Lord has used this situation in teaching and comforting Spencer and me, as well as using our circumstance to encourage others.  We have been fortunate to already have several opportunities to share Parker's story and our experience to encourage others in similar circumstances.
Posted: 14 Mar 2012 11:00 PM PDT
“For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. Romans 15:4”
Encourage those who’re struggling?  Don’t know what to say?  Then, open your Bible.
To the grief-stricken:  God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”
To the jobless:  “In all things God works for the good of those who love him.”
Are you a cancer survivor?  Someone in the cancer ward needs to hear from you.
Have you buried a spouse and lived to smile again?  Then find the recently widowed and walk with them.
Your experiences have deputized you!  Paul said in 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 that God is the source of every mercy, and the one who so wonderfully comforts and strengthens us in our hardships and trials.  And why does He do this?  So that when others are troubled, needing our sympathy and encouragement, we can pass on to them this same help and comfort God has given us!

2 comments:

  1. So sweet! I love the picture of him sleeping with his lovey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Your experiences have deputized you." How profound. Thank you for sharing!

    So happy to see you back and get to speak with you. You lift me up and I have missed you.

    So glad that the return to work has gone well and the coming home is so sweet knowing Parker is well cared for and waiting for you with those sweet smiles!

    Ann

    ReplyDelete