Thursday, May 3, 2012

Baby Shower!

The Hostess picture with Erica (in green dress with the baby bump!)- such a neat group of women!
What a COOL print- a handprint filled with Baby Merrick's name
Last weekend, I helped host a baby shower for one of my best friends, Erica!  She is about 30 weeks pregnant with a sweet baby boy herself- Merrick!  Parker will be so blessed to have another little friend in his life.  Wes and Erica are such great friends to us, and they will be amazing parents!!

The Ahoy theme all around- you can't see the name cards for the food items, but each one had a title that had a nautical theme.  The shower was at the Inn at USC- a really beautiful place and cool location for a shower!
A really neat group of Erica's friends did an amazing job with organizing the shower.  It had an "Ahoy, it's a Boy" theme that was seen in the invitations, in the decorations, the titles of food items, the party favors, and gifts- I was so impressed.  Event planning is definitely not my strong suit.  But- I truly admire those who shine in this area...it's impressive!

Delicious Cake
I contributed the lemon squares and tea tassies- I was so pleased they actually turned out so well.  I am not much of a baker!
I also covered some pretzel sticks with white chocolate and incorporated the blue and green theme colors with irridescent sprinkles 
The party favors were Gerber baby food jars filled with "life savers"- to go along with the theme. 
An adorable memory board filled with pictures of Wes & Erica as babies- such a cute idea!
My sweet friend, Alyssa
We had a cute "activity"- everyone had a container of play-doh and had to design a baby.  These were the 3 winners
Alyssa and me with Erica- isn't she precious?  It was a truly lovely shower!!  Can't wait to meet the sweet babe!

1 comment:

  1. I am just catching up on your blog... what a sweet post, friend. :) Such cute pictures. I can't wait until Merrick and Parker can play together.... they are going to have a blast with Jack and Ellie in the mix!! Love you!, E

    ReplyDelete