Sunday, May 27, 2012

First trip to Pine Bluff


First plane ride!
As Spence put it, we are now "those people" on the plane



We traveled home to Arkansas for the first time this weekend.  I was so anxious about our plane rides, but Parker did so well!  I really didn't research traveling with an infant too much.  I did however use the trick of feeding Parker a bottle during take-off, and no surprise- the bottle did the trick I think.  There was only a short period of crying for less than a minute while we sat on the plane at the gate.  Once we started moving, he was happy as a clam!

Honey is in Heaven!
Our trip to Pine Bluff was a hit!  Parker was such a happy boy, and I give him an A+ for being so delightful as he was passed off to so many new people.  It was great to see Honey & Sport again.  But even more fun was getting to meet his Aunt Suzy and Cousin Jim.  Jim is just 9 months older than Parker, and it was so much fun to see him running around the house, knowing that Parker is not far behind.  Suzy and I marveled that they will eventually be big buddies and great playmates.  Parker was mesmerized with Jim and watched him constantly.

Hanging out with Sport
Jim trying to help Parker bounce in the Jumperoo
Jim did not like sharing his car- it was hilarious
Meeting Paula for the first time!
Parker loved hanging out with Uncle Adam
We went to see Betty
And swam together in the pool
What a difference a year makes- so fun to be moms at the same time with Suzy!
Cutie pies
We finished our time in Pine Bluff with a delicious dinner with Spence's parents, Suzy & Jim, and Suzy's parents.  We were celebrating my upcoming 30th birthday next month- so exciting!  I wish I had pictures of our spread, but the only thing I captured was watching the 3 men do the dishes and clean up.  What a treat :)


No comments:

Post a Comment