Tuesday, May 29, 2012

First trip to Fayetteville

Visiting Big Papa
After Pine Bluff, we drove 3 hours to Fayetteville to see my family.  Parker once again was so well behaved.  He got to meet so many fun people.  When we first got there, Kim had a Sip n' See for a lot of her friends to come and meet Parker.  Then, we had a really great family dinner with Mama & Papa, G & Nana, Uncle Joe, our cousins Courtney & Stewart, Sandra, and my best friend Rachel.  They surprised me there as well with a celebration of my birthday.  It was so much fun to be home!

Whoa- big boy!  We love KK!
Meeting Papa
Mama was in love- you were so sweet with her
Nana loved meeting you too, Parker!
G enjoyed toting you around too!
Spitting image!
We had a great Memorial Day of just relaxing poolside with family.  It was so refreshing to be home.  This was our first trip in more than 6 months.

Spence and I couldn't have asked for a better weekend.  I told him that it was so strange to have so many people holding and caring for Parker.  I'm used to doing almost everything for Parker.  It was so fun to watch all of our family love on P.  It's hard to be so far from everyone, but hopefully we will have more visits in the near future!

Entertaining during the Sip n' See

Uncle Joe came all the way from Dallas to meet Parker
Rachel- my best friend from high school
oh how I LOVE Rick's Bakery
more pool time- Parker loved it!
fun in the sun
more Mama time
hanging with Joe & Cindy- thanks for coming so far to see us!
Uncle Mitchell
On the way home, Parker was a trip.  Unfortunately, our first plane sat at the gate for over an hour and a half before even taxiing to the runway, followed by an hour long flight.  I have never worked so hard to keep my baby happy for 2 hours while confined in a small space.  But in order to entertain us, Parker had 3 big blowouts before we even took off.  I'm talking about poop leaking out his diaper onto my dress.  We laughed so hard on the plane during all 3 diaper changes, which made Parker giggle.  We felt like he was taunting us.  Very memorable to say the least!

traveling with an infant- quite the experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment