Thursday, February 23, 2012

8 Weeks

Parker- your smile melts my heart!
It's been a great week so far!  My sweet P is smiling like crazy more and more each day.  It is an amazing feeling to see your new child smile when he sees your face and begin to coo at you- it makes me feel so loved!  Parker seems to be a very laid back and happy 8 week old so far- yes 8 weeks!  Where has the time gone?  In some ways it feels like we just left the hospital with a new baby, but at times I have difficulty remembering what life was like without him!

Last week we had visit from my Aunt Debra, which was such a treat!  She lives in Sarasota, Florida, where she runs a really cool yarn shop.  She is an incredibly talented knitter and spinner, and was on her way to a fiber festival in NC.  We were lucky enough to have her stop in for 2 nights and meet P.  She was sweet enough to bring some awesome handmade gifts with her!  My mom and Debra have both made some awesome gifts for him- they are both so talented!
Parker working on head control
So- 8 weeks.  As I said above, the smiles are ever increasing.  He is also cooing and making more grunts and noises that are purposeful.  When he is on the floor playing, he is kicking his legs and waving his arms with great strength.  He is also starting to track objects and people more and more.  If you know me, it will not surprise you to know that I am like a hawk watching for him to meet all of his milestones- teaching him how to hold onto things, placing him in the Bumbo for several minutes at a time to work on neck strength, showing him how to hit at toys hanging above him, etc....  I joke that I am a "tiger mom" already, pressing him to overachieve and practice, practice practice!  We work on these things and more daily!
More smiles
Good morning smile
I also think that he grew significantly in the last week!  All of a sudden his legs are too long for his footed onesies- I've had to pack all of those outfits for 0-3 months size.  Everyone that sees him recently has a reaction like, "Whoa- he is huge!"  He is definitely a healthy baby!  What an answered prayer that Parker has not had eating issues or problems with gaining weight!  I thank God daily for this.

In a 6 month outfit.  Go Hogs!  Unfortunately- our outfit didn't bring good luck that night- the Hogs lost badly in basketball.  
Our future Hog fan!  We are working on calling the Hogs.  I also sing the fight song, as well as "Oh Lord it's hard to be Humble"
May be one of my favorite pictures.  Everyone that sees him says he looks just like his daddy (so true!), and he certainly does love his Dad.  I think his best naps are when they are together. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! That picture of Spence and P is the cutest thing I have ever seen!!!! I can't wait to see Wes and Merrick together... and for our play dates with our sweet boys!!!

    ReplyDelete