Thursday, February 9, 2012

6 Weeks

So, this is the halfway mark of my 12 week leave from work.  It is already time for me to start making schedule requests- which I won't lie....it's a little depressing.  I feel so conflicted because I love my job, love my coworkers, and I miss the critical thinking environment.  On the other hand- I can't imagine leaving my sweet baby for a 12 hour shift.  When I go to the grocery store for an hour- I rush home because I miss him so much.  Here is a picture of what I looked like the last time I was at work- quite a difference!

Parker started smiling at me occasionally the last couple of days.  I almost burst into tears the first time he gave me a "social" smile (as opposed to a "gassy" smile).  He is starting to make faces, raise his eyebrows, purse his lips at me, etc.  It is so heart warming.  Of course, I haven't been able to catch it on camera.

Jack is also starting to show more and more that he loves his little brother.  He follows us from room to room, always checks on Parker when he hears him crying, and still tries to lick all over him anytime I let him near.  It is really sweet!

My sweet boys!
Jack always wants to cuddle Parker- I don't think he realizes how much he could crush the little guy.  My favorite is when he drops the tennis ball on Parker expecting him to throw it for him.
 I finally started back to running this week.  I've gone a few times on my own, and now a couple of times with my friend Meredith and our jogging strollers.  Her husband Colin and our 3 dogs collectively went yesterday and he snapped some action shots of us (yes, I am a nerd!).  It feels SO great to start getting back into shape!  It helps to live in SC with such a mild winter.  I think we are going to pick out a 5K to work towards this spring.



No comments:

Post a Comment