Wednesday, July 4, 2012

4th of July!

We had a really nice and relaxing July 4th.  I spent the day cooking.  My parents gave me a Kitchenaid Mixer for my 30th birthday, and I christened it today by making some AMAZING blueberry poppyseed bread.  I found the recipe in my Food Network magazine- highly recommend it!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/blueberry-poppy-seed-loaves-recipe/index.html
LOVE my new mixer!  I felt so domestic using it
This bread was DELICIOUS!
I also made a delicious tomato pie (recipe from Southern Living).  It turned out GREAT!

prepping my tomatoes
Mine turned out looking just like this- and I made my crust from scratch too!  Very easy

That night, we had a delicious dinner of ribs with our friends Wes and Erica.  They are hanging out waiting on their little man, Merrick, to come into the world!  We are ready to meet Parker's new buddy. Look at this precious pic of her with P:

And to end a wonderful night, I got to snuggle the sweetest boy before I put him to bed.  I love any time I get to cuddle Parker.


1 comment:

  1. I just saw this post. I love it! Those pictures of you two in the glider are priceless! I can't wait for those moments. I am dying laughing at the shelf of a belly that Parker is sitting on when I was holding him. He's probably like, "Who is this whale?!" ha!

    ReplyDelete