Thursday, June 28, 2012

6 Months



Dear Parker

I have a six month old- I have to keep telling myself this fact to let it sink in, because it seems so impossible.  You no longer look like a baby- you look like a little boy!  When I sit and think about all that has happened in 6 months, I am in awe.  You have gone from this infant that sleeps and eats all day to this little man who rolls around, kicks and waves his arms constantly, and interacts in your newfound world.
What a cutie- changing your diaper is nearly impossible with all of your wiggling and turning over
6 Month Stats:
Length- >26 inches (19.5 in at birth)
Weight- >18 lbs (7 lb 15.8 oz at birth)
Teeth: 2 (front two on bottom)
Sleeping: 7-9 hours in a row pretty consistently
Hair is growing in a lot recently and is now a light brown/blonde color
You sleep really well, but occasionally we have to come rescue you from your escape attempts

Blueberries- delicious, but messy!
Eating
-5oz breastmilk every 3-4.5 hours
-You are doing great with solids!  So far, you seem to like everything- never turn your nose up to anything.  I am making a lot of your food, and a lot of it is store bought
You have eaten carrots, zucchini, squash, sweet potatoes, green beans, blueberries, bananas, pears, spinach, beets, oatmeal and rice cereal.  Carrots and zucchini are your faves by far!
Trying to feed yourself milk

Your New Skills:
-You sit independently for long periods of time and play with items around you
-When sitting- you lunge forward, suck your toes, and sit back up on your own
-You are definitely passing toys from one hand to another purposefully
-You reach out for Jack and pet him (also pull his fur, but we're working on gentle petting)
-You roll over nonstop, even rolling toward toys you want
-On the verge of crawling- when on your tummy, curl knees under chest and push forward
-Now in the jumperoo, your feet touch the floor and you bounce like crazy
-Trying to feed yourself with the bottle and grab for your spoon with solids
-Bath time is now in the big tub and you sit up on your own (with me close by....)
You still LOVE bathtime- Laura bathes you in the sink
Sitting up like a big boy in the tub

Cleft Update
We met with Dr. Chen last week.  He said he was "really pleased with how [your] lip is healing."  He said that the scar looks great, and that over the next few months, it will continue to heal more, the redness should go away, and it will keep falling back into place.  You have a little asymmetry with your nose, but it is hard to discern for the lay person.  Your next surgery will be September 10.  Buddy, I know that this surgery is going to be rough, and we are looking at ~4 days in the hospital.  But, you are so strong, resilient, and tough.  I know you are going to do so well, and Mom and Dad will be at your side nonstop.
You and your buddy.  The scar on your lip keeps looking better and better!
Love your daddy!
Parker, you continue to bring more joy into our home than we could ever have anticipated.  When Dad and I come home from work- you greet us with a huge grin, letting us know you recognize us.  Your smile and laughter fill the house constantly.  You love Jack, and laugh at him often- especially when he licks dropped food off of your legs.  I love watching you change before my eyes- every couple of days I see something new, even if it is subtle.

More sleeping with Dad!
We love you, Sweet Pea!  I enjoy playing with you all day, teaching you how to play with your toys and help you learn how to do new things.  I still love to read you books every day.  We even get your dad to do it occasionally, and you pay such great attention!  I pray with you daily that God will just keep you growing, that you will stay healthy and strong, and that you will know God's love at a very early age.

"You are my 'I love you'."

Mom






1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! He is so bright and beautiful. Clearly THRIVING! Thank you for these updates. I feel like I know him. I can't wait to meet him one day!!!

    ReplyDelete