Sunday, June 10, 2012

Thirty, Flirty and Thriving

Yesterday was the big 3-0!  I know a lot of people really stress over turning 30, but for some reason I am actually excited about it.  I genuinely think that each year of my life gets better than the last, so if all continues in that fashion, then my 30s should be fantastic, right?  Plus, this is a big year.  We have this precious, perfect little boy.  Spencer finishes residency, making these seven long years come to an end.  Who knows what else the next six months will bring...

My day started out with using my mother's day gift card for a massage at Urban Nirvana.  It was the perfect way to start my birthday!!  My friend Erica was incredibly sweet to offer to keep Parker while I went.  Then we went to lunch at one of my favorite places, DiPrato's.  We took a nice walk with the dogs, and then Parker and I got ready for my friend Amy's wedding.

When I came home, Spence was back from work, and there happened to be a fun get together going on in the cul-de-sac for my birthday!  We had a really great time, and the USC baseball game was going on late into the night.
Debbie plotted to have an ice cream birthday cake at the party for me.  De-lish!
Spence & Colin
Wendy, Meredith & Me
Will, Boo & Gwen
The Duncans
So here's to the milestone birthday.  My life is not at all what I imagined it would be at this point.  But in pretty much every way, I'm pretty sure it's better!

1 comment:

  1. So much fun!! I am sorry we missed your culdesac party. Happy birthday to the most tenderhearted and caring friend I know

    ReplyDelete