Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Happy 1 Month!

Psalm 69:30
I will praise God’s name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving.

This is a print hanging in Parker's room.  My friend Christina made this and gave it to him as a gift- love it!  

Dear Parker,


I can't believe that you are one month old already- it literally feels like we just brought you home the other day!  I also can't believe we have spent an entire month of being home so much.  Before you came along, I rarely spent much time inside- always out and about.  But, being born in the winter, we really try to avoid getting you out too much in order to avoid you getting sick at this age.  Surprisingly, I am incredibly content to spend all day every day with you at home.  Of course, we have our little outings to Target (frequently), the grocery store, or to Meredith's house just to beat the cabin fever occasionally.


In your first month, you have changed so much physically- look at these pictures below!  You were born weighing less than 8 lbs and at 19.5 inches.  At 4 weeks, you are now 10.2 lbs. and ~21 inches.  Your facial features are starting to become more defined.  We have had some baby acne pop up this last week, but it already seems to be fading.  You've also outgrown your newborn clothing and NB diapers.  You are wearing 0-3 month outfits really well and size 1 diapers.  As exciting as it is to see you grow so quickly, it is also bittersweet to see the true newborn stage fade.  


One of the things we worried so much about before you came was if you would have feeding difficulties with your cleft lip and palate.  You have been a champ- especially with your weight gain.  We have now increased your breastmilk amount to 4oz every 2-3 hours.


You still sleep most of the time, but you have really become more and more alert.  During the day, you eat every 2-3 hours, at night every 3-5 hours.  After each feeding we have playtime followed by a nap.  You love tummy time on your playmat.  And yesterday- you rolled over from tummy to back!  Your Daddy and I were in shock.  I'm sure it was a fluke, but I joke that you are a little overachiever as this is a 3-6month milestone!  You are so attentive when we read books, and you have really become a fan of our walks every day this last week with Jack now that the weather has been so nice!  You mostly sleep on the walk, but you are very much at peace!


You are so incredibly loved by your Dad and me.  We just sit and look at you all of the time still.  Your favorite place to sleep is on your Daddy's chest- it's very sweet to see!  Jack is loving you more and more- he licks your hands and feet as often as I let him.  You just take it and never cry when he does so.  You have also had so many visitors come by from our days in the hospital, to almost daily visits at home- we are so blessed with family and friends!
Your buddy Jack wants to be wherever you are!
I can't wait to see what the next month brings.  You are such a joy, and I love being your Mommy!  I thank God daily for you and for your addition to our family.




2 comments:

  1. I can't believe how much he has changed in the week I haven't seen him! Crazy! He is so handsome!! Excited to see you guys Friday for our outing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the size comparison next to the fox - he has grown so much! It makes me want to slow down this time we have with Liam! But then again, each day is better than the one before it! So happy to see your family thriving

    ReplyDelete