Friday, January 13, 2012

2 Weeks

I can't believe our little boy is 2 weeks old now!  He is getting so big so quickly and I just feel like it's happening right before our eyes.

This was a big week for us.  On Wednesday, we met with Dr. Chen, the Plastic Surgeon who will perform the cheiloplasty (lip repair) on Parker.  He was pleased with his weight gain, said we will move forward with surgery at 10 weeks as long as he is 10 lbs and healthy (I don't think the 10 lbs will be an issue!).  He also explained how he will do the surgery to us, and even drew out a very artistic and geometric drawing of how the repair will be done.  It should take about an hour and a half for the surgery, and then we will stay overnight in the children's hospital to ensure he recovers well.  Our surgery date is set for March 13th!
Dr. Chen's quick sketches 


Here is P on his 2 week birthday with Dad during bathtime!

another cute frog towel
Dad getting me all cleaned up!
a sweet moment
Jack loves being involved in everything!
On Friday, we had our 2 week well visit with the pediatrician.  Dr. Painter was really pleased with his weight gain.  He said everything else looked great, and our bilirubin check continues to fall.

Weight: 8 lbs 13 oz.- 57%  (7 lb 15.8 oz at birth)
Height: 19.75in.- 32% (19.5 in. at birth)

such a big boy!!






3 comments:

  1. Hey Lauren, I love your blog! I am one of the nurses at Richland. I work in the Pediatric ER and Spencer showed us your blog the other day. Your baby is adorable!!! I blog too and was wondering if it was okay to follow your blog and link it to mine. I have two little boys (an almost 3 year old and a 4 month old) and started blogging our family life when I was pregnant. It morphed into a family blog after our oldest was born. I love to find other bloggers, because most people start and don't commit to keeping it up. Can't wait to read more! Great job! :) Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Elizabeth! Absolutely you can follow us! We'd love to follow you back! So glad you looked us up! I actually work in the MICU so im sure I will see you around when I go back in ~8 weeks. Take care!

      Delete
  2. Hi Lauren. This is Jennifer Soto, Yun and Julia. We are looking at your blog and we love it! Your baby is so beautiful! He looks so much like Spencer. We miss and love you! Thanks for sharing your pics and life with us. Yun says you look so bright and wonderful. Julia and I agree. Take care and we are always thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete