Sunday, January 8, 2012

A visit from Mimi

My mom, Dede
We've had pretty much our entire family visit in the last few weeks.  This weekend, my mom came into town.  We've had a great visit, and she has helped out a lot to allow me time to rest.  One thing I continue to realize about myself is that I have a difficult time accepting help- I feel like I need to do everything myself.  But, it's been very nice to have help, and to force myself to take more breaks.

This week, Parker got his first bath at home.  He was not a fan of the "sponge bath" method- but hopefully he will come to love bath time.  It's hard to catch him when he is awake and not wake him up to bathe!

Love these hooded towels!
Not a happy picture
Finally clean and happy!  He is so handsome in his monogrammed gown
And- our first bag of dirty diapers from the diaper genie- impressive!
On Saturday morning, we had our newborn photo shoot.  Amanda with Amanda Joy Photography is a local newborn photographer that I found on a random internet search (http://www.amandajoyphoto.com/).  She was amazing- so patient, so good with Parker, and such a perfectionist with getting just the right position and pose.  I was incredibly pleased and impressed.  I can't wait to get her touched-up photos soon and then send out announcements. My mom took a few pics during the shoot with her phone:




He is just so angelic here!







2 comments:

  1. I LOVE all the pictures!! First, WOW... that is a LOT of dirty diapers... what we have to look forward to, huh? :) Second, that picture of Parker getting his hair combed is hilarious! He does NOT look happy to get his hair did! What a sweet pic of you and P at the photographer's studio! You look like you have never loved anything more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren, the picture where you are combing Parker's hair is fantastic! He just looks like he is saying, "What the heck? Enough already!" I LOVE the pictures from the photo shoot. So sweet. She was a great find. XOXO to the littlest Robinson. Ann Shelton

    ReplyDelete