Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween

Parker's first Halloween was a blast.  On the 30th, we took Parker to Boo at the Zoo with our friends Tim, Courtney and their son Tucker.  I couldn't believe how great Parker did wearing his costume.  I thought for sure he would try to rip off the hat or his tail.  Instead, he wore it happily, took all of the lights, sites, and costumes in, and happily collected candy for his mom and dad to eat.

Parker the Fox and Tucker the Scarecrow


every area at the zoo had stops for getting candy and treats
going through the corn maze
Spencer did his best to point Parker to the M&Ms and Kit Kats

Riding the Train
One happy fox

On Halloween night, we attended the neighborhood party with a lot of our neighbor friends.  This family invites the whole neighborhood, who brings drinks and desserts.  They had pizza there for us all, and we had a great time.  After the sun sets, everyone takes off to trick or treat.  It was so fun to actually participate this year!
Erica and Merrick came by....I think he was ready for bedtime, so he didn't make it to the party with us.  But he was an awfully cute frog!

playing at the party
Family trick or treating
Parker's first piece of pizza- there is nothing he won't eat!
Oh- and Parker was a fox for Halloween.  Spencer's mom, Debbie, taught me how to sew last month, and we created the costume by tweaking a Simplicity pattern for a bear.  It was a very ambitious first project, but I think it turned out great.  Some people asked if he was a gremlin, which makes me laugh. I can see how he might be a little Gizmo-ish, but I loved how it turned out!

Here was the pattern.  We created our own ears, skipped the elastic waste, and embellished the tail.  I made the 2T size, but it looks like Parker will be able to wear this costume for several years- it was HUGE!  I loved learning how to sew, though!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you made the costume! I am VERY impressed! I used to make our girls' but I did not start til they were older. You are such a great mom!

    ReplyDelete