Friday, August 10, 2012

Going Home

visiting with Honey!
I am in disbelief that it is already the middle of August.  Summer is over.  I swear June barely existed, July was a blur, and I don't know how we are already gearing up for September.  I was really feeling a longing to go home to Arkansas to see family.  We hadn't been there since May, and I knew by looking at the next few months that I didn't know when we could go back.  Spence and I had ~5 days off together randomly this month, and we got a GREAT deal by Priceline for tickets to fly home 48 hours later.  So that's what we did.

playing in the airport
Parker, again, was an awesome traveler.  He was so happy on the flights, and I was so grateful for an easy time of traveling with a 7 month old.  So many fellow travelers kept complimenting what a great disposition he had, how well he did on the plane, how adorable he is.....all comments that made for proud parents!

What did we do for 5 days?  Very little, except eat, swim, and relax.  It was the perfect visit home.  And Parker as usual was smiling and playing delightfully the entire time.  I love watching our family with him.  I tell him daily how lucky he is to have so many wonderful people that love him.  We pray for our Arkansas family every night, and with Facetime, we can start seeing them on a more regular basis.

Mama was in Heaven!
Parker giving kisses
Parker LOVED Mitchell- and he was so great with him

we could get used to daily pool time



we got a lot of time to visit with Aunt Margaret
Mama held P at any and every opportunity
Love time with our KK


2 comments:

  1. What great photos! So glad ya'll were able to get home for a quick visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pool float is hysterical! And, he looks like he is up to no good in that naked picture. :) So good to see you guys today! Excited to see you Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete