Thursday, August 30, 2012

Georgia Aquarium

Aunt Connie- Parker LOVED meeting her.  I think she reminded him of Mama
As our vacation was derailed from beach time, we crashed in on my family in Atlanta on our way home.  Such fun family to spend time with.  I wish we saw them more often.  We stayed with my cousin Ken and his wife, Sara, and their son Brady.  My Aunt Connie and Uncle GB came up to spend time with us both days and we had such a great time.  I wish I had taken more pictures!

a view above us of a whale shark
On our way out of town we went to the Georgia Aquarium in downtown Atlanta.  It's the largest aquarium in the world.  I had heard great things about it, but it completely exceeded our expectations.

The most fun part about it was seeing how much Parker really LOVED it- even as an 8 month old.  He was completely in a trance of fascination for 3 solid hours until his little head hit Spence's shoulder and sleep ensued.  I can't wait to take him back when he is older.


a walk through tube of a 6 million gallon tank- breathtaking!

The exotic fish area 
Parker loved the fish- he kept trying to reach through the glass for them
the dolphin tank- we went to the dolphin show and it was so cool.  Parker was mesmerized by them



such a cool picture of the jellyfish tank.  Parker really tried to go after them! 
At the end- we saw the penguins.  If you could see this closer- it must have been mating season for them.  Spence was highly amused, and I think he also took a video.  Men and women really are incredibly different....I didn't seem to giggle as much as he did at this scene.

1 comment:

  1. Those pics at the aquarium are stellar! Isn't that the best place ever? Totally worth the $$$!

    Mating penguins, eh? And a video. Woof.

    ReplyDelete