Sunday, November 13, 2011

32 weeks


So we've made it 32 weeks- every week, I thank God for extra time for Parker to develop, grow, and mature.  My doctor's appointment went well last week- still measuring high, but nothing to worry about.  Just to keep a close eye on everything, I'm going back this coming Wednesday for another Ultrasound.  He is still kicking nonstop, reminding me frequently that he is in there.  Week 32, most babies are about 4 lbs, 17 inches long, and are about the size of a squash.  I'm also experiencing a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions these days.
This is a good bump shot with Suzy from last weekend- he's getting so big!

I had my first experience of a stranger crossing the personal space boundary.  A visitor in the ICU has now 3 times put both hands on my stomach and given it a good rub- each time giving me a shock.  I'm surprised that A) this is the first time it has happened, considering I hear stories frequently of this.  And B) I just can't believe people find it acceptable to go and lay hands on a very personal area of a complete stranger.  I'm a touchy feely person, but oh my- that's a bit much!

precious diaper cake
Today, I was so blessed to have another baby shower, this time with my sweet coworkers from the MICU.  My friend Kala (who came to Hawaii) hosted at her house with help from some others, and we had such a nice turnout!  I was overwhelmed with more sweet gifts- lots of books (my favorite), outfits, accessories, diapers, and a pack n' play.  I have wonderful friends, and we had such a nice time!

Crazily- I think we have pretty much everything we need for when Parker makes his appearance.  I love just sitting in his room and going through his clothes and looking around wondering what it will be like when we have this child in our home- very exciting!
diaper wreath- so creative!
Kala's house looked so cute all decked out for Baby Parker!
Amber, Amy & Jess

Jess, Jean, myself and Jessica- love my friends from work!
My sweet friend Amy- she is 38 weeks pregnant now and will be having her baby boy, Jack, any day now!

1 comment:

  1. What a great job Kayla did!!! So precious! I love that picture from the football game! So cute. I can't wait to meet him!!!!

    ReplyDelete