Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Mission(s) Accomplished....

So it's been a while since I last posted, but I have several exciting things to share! This last weekend, Spence and I traveled to Columbia, SC with 2 goals: 1) Find a place to live & 2) Find a job for me.

Goal #1:
We spent three solid days looking at homes all around Columbia and the surrounding towns. We kept coming back to our favorite from the first day of looking. The neighborhood is FANTASTIC, it's 7 miles from the hospital, and it is just the right size for us right now. So, we made an offer on the house on Sunday, and as of today we have officially signed the final contract. We are about to be home owners- Woohoo! Of course, nothing is ever final until the closing in May, but I will go ahead and post a picture of the outside. We'll reveal more next month.



Goal #2:
I interviewed for two ICU jobs while we were in town, and so far have one offer. I will know on Friday for sure where I will be employed. I am extremely excited because I know that I will get to work in the area that I have really been hoping for. Of course- it's even better to know that I have a job so that I can contribute to our new house payments- ha!

The trip took us about 10 hours & 15 minutes from Little Rock- not bad at all. Of course, it is very difficult to be home and trying to get back in the groove for school. In fact, I have a lot of work ahead of me through the evening (and early hours of the morning). So, that is the update for now. More to come....

5 comments:

  1. CUTE house! I will be praying for you as you guys wrap up life in Little Rock and prepare for this transition. I will be in town this weekend...I am thinking we should try to get a visit in! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Lauren! I'm glad to see everything coming together for you guys! Very cute house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the house , it almost looks like our house ! Bob Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the house!!! can't wait to see your personal touch on the inside! it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE it!!!

    I am so proud of you both.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete